RJ Power are looking for a Senior Buyer to join the Group Shared Service and work across all the RJ Power businesses in close communication with internal stakeholders. These include sales, operations, finance and other functions to lead on the strategic procurement activity for materials and plant by creating and implementing procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified and experienced individual who has previously worked in a similar position and is able to develop positive and commercially beneficial relationships with our supply chain partners, to ensure we are receiving the highest quality service at the best possible price. The remit of this role is extremely varied and will range from dealing with the purchasing of consumables right the way through to electrical equipment, vehicles and the buildings in which our business is based.
In addition, they will lead on ensuring that all procurement related policies and processes are fit for purpose and comply with legal, other external and internal requirements and work closely with our sales teams to provide input into quotations and PQQ’s.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to really shape a successful and growing business with lots of opportunity for future development.
- To establish and maintain strategic, positive relationships with key materials, plant and central overhead suppliers aligned to the organisation’s needs.
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates. Renegotiate with existing suppliers as appropriate.
- Work with the RJ Power operations teams, commercial and finance to help facilitate simple, commercially viable, robust and effective procurement processes.
- Ensure that we align with suppliers that meet the required standards to comply with our awarded accreditations, such as ISO and Achilles and any Health and Safety related requirements.
- Work closely with the Operational divisions to understand procurement requirements and align supplier contracts and delivery, to provide the required specification products on time for the best possible cost.
- Work in an aligned fashion with the RJ Power Group Support departments such as Finance and HSQE, to ensure that internal processes are adhered to in relation to Procurement and stock management.
- Work closely with the RJ Power Group Facilities, Asset and Fleet Manager to monitor the Hilti Asset Management system and ensure the RJ Power Brands are getting the maximum benefit from the system and value for money.
- Continuously review existing processes and arrangements to identify and deliver financial and non-financial benefits to the business, including driving efficiencies such as time saving.
- Provide support and guidance to the respective Asset and Purchasing contacts within RJ Power Rail, Networks and Connections to ensure a cohesive approach to Procurement and stock management, with key decisions relating to supplier management and process to be determined by Group.
- Provide reports to the Group and RJ Power brands outlining Supplier performance, in order to identify areas for improvement and encourage continuous improvement of the supply chain.
- Keep updated with changes within the industry and be able to communicate to the RJ Power Brands how these impact procurement activity within the business.
- To fulfil other duties as reasonably required by a manager to support the functioning and smooth running of a department and the business.
- Lead on the procurement activities for the RJ Power Fleet, working closely with the Facilities, Asset and Fleet Manager to ensure cost effective and commercially sound leasing and purchasing activity.
- Day to day work will also involve liaising with operations and suppliers, working with the tender teams for quotes, handbacks and certificates, invoice queries and sourcing new suppliers.
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power Brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.