RJ Power Group are recruiting for a dedicated and passionate Environment & Sustainability Manager to join our growing team. You will be integral to the smooth running and day to day support to all Businesses – RJ Power Group, RJ Power Rail, RJ Power Networks, RJ Power Connections and RJ Power North – through a shared service.
Duties will include:
- Being responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of key environmental management system documentation and architecture to support RJ Power’s continued certification to ISO14001:2015
- Developing and supporting the implementation of HSE strategic objectives and performance measures to enable RJ Power Group to meet its responsibilities for management of key sustainability risks and opportunities, including embedding zero carbon, green housekeeping, and circular economic practices
- Supporting RJ Power Group function with the implementation of the Behavioural Change Programme, improvement plans and initiatives
- Providing sustainability and environment periodic reports to RJ Power Group’s Senior Leadership Team
- Building and managing relationships, internally and externally to improve the reputation of RJ Power group with environmental stakeholders
- Providing timely and coherent environmental advice and reports across RJ Power Group as required
- Being responsible for the development of environmental competency and training programmes to raise awareness of environmental and sustainable business requirements
- Overseeing all performance evaluation measures, such as performance indicators (CO2 emissions, Waste & recycling etc), both for internal reporting and those submitted externally to RJ Power Group’s clients where required
- Attending meetings with project teams, clients, industry groups and our supply chain as requested, to embed and enhance RJ Power Group’s environmental and sustainability profile
- Providing regular performance and technical updates, including Environmental Toolbox Talks, to relevant staff
- Being responsible for environmental assurance of projects and activities across RJ Power Group in accordance with HSE assurance regime, to ensure that the EMS is being applied consistently across all RJ Power Group’s businesses
- Investigating and providing technical direction for environmental incident occurrences and response across RJ Power Group’s projects and offices
- Maintaining core Environmental Registers, including RJ Power Group’s Legal and Regulatory, Aspects and Impacts Registers, waste, and recycling
- Assisting projects to obtain consents and licences and ecological assistance where required
- Promoting environmental and sustainable initiatives on RJ Power Group projects and seeking to publicise these initiatives, to enhance RJ Power Group’s reputation and successfully win work
- Assisting with environmental and sustainability submissions as part of the tendering process
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Membership/Chartership of an appropriate professional institute e.g. Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Degree in relevant discipline – i.e. Environmental Management or Environmental Science
- Demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience of project and/or corporate environmental management
- Auditors Qualification
- Knowledge of certification such as Construction Line, Builders Profile, Safe Contractor
- Driving Licence
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power Brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.