Due to continued growth within the RJ Power Rail project portfolio, the business is looking to expand the Site Management team to support the project team with the planning, management and delivery of Rail projects safely, on time and to budget. The role will involve taking the lead on site managing employees, subcontractors, health and safety and operational delivery, working closely with the Project Manager, Construction Management team and Engineers.
- Take Site Management responsibilities of a number of rail sites across the RJ Power Rail portfolio.
- Work closely with the Engineering team, Subcontractors and Project Managers to ensure the escalation and resolution of technical queries.
- Build and maintain project teams to facilitate successful project delivery, including support/training requirements and mentorship.
- Assist the Construction Management team in the review of all pre-construction and other technical information in order to fully understand the specifications and other deliverable requirements of projects.
- Assist in the production of a project implementation plans, which include timescale deliverables, project resource requirements and project costs.
- Implement the requirements of the Construction Phase Plan on site and assist in the development and approval of core project documentation, e.g. Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheets and Safe Systems of Work Packs, as required and issue to site.
- Assist Project Management to ensure that project documentation is retained in accordance with the Document Control procedure requirements.
- Liaise with Site Teams to ensure that they understand and are completing projects in accordance with company procedures, which include the production and review of Site Diaries.
- Assist the Project Management in attending internal and external meetings in relation to the progress of projects being delivered.
- Assist in the co-ordination of project construction activity, liaise with contractors and sub-contractors alike, to minimise risks that could jeopardise the successful delivery of the project.
- Assist Project Management in completing documentary requirements within the Health and Safety File as part of project handback.
- Assist in the investigations into accidents, incidents or close calls within Project Delivery.
- Undertake and develop surveillance and quality inspections through the project lifecycle.
Successful applications will have the following:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Strong understanding of construction principles and rail site management activities
- Strong understanding of Network Rail policies and standards or similar
- Current PTS
- Has undertaken or is willing to undertake a SMSTS Qualification
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.