Due to increasing workload within the division, RJ Power Networks are looking for Senior Authorised Project Engineers to undertake and/or manage HV/LV operations, plant installation and associated commissioning activities. This will include overseeing any required projects with the support of our Head of Projects and Operation Manager, taking the lead on successful delivery of the projects, managing the production of all relevant paperwork and being onsite to complete works as required.
The successful candidates will also be required to act as Lead Engineers for HV/LV Maintenance Works, overseeing engineers and technicians to ensure full intrusive and non-intrusive maintenance is completed. Ensure all tasks are completed in line with our site-specific RAMS and ensuring all paperwork is completed and returned within the required time scales.
The role will be site based and the ideal candidate will already have Senior Authorised Person experience, having completed a full course or refresher within the last three years to ensure their current knowledge is up to date and that high technical and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Production and Review/Approval of; Switching schedules, RAMS, Program of work, Safety Documentation (e.g. SFT, TOC, PTW etc.) and Project specific paperwork POWRA etc.
- Installing, switching, testing, commissioning and maintaining HV/LV networks (up to 11kV).
- Carry out site meetings and surveys to ascertain specific work scopes, asset lists, logistical engineering solutions and any other deliverables needed to successfully complete the works.
- Ability to brief site teams on safety paperwork.
- Ability to take the lead in emergent fault scenarios and a foundation understanding of fault diagnosis and testing.
- Basic level understanding in relation to HV/LV protection schemes, control systems and earthing.
- Construction of project specific delivery programmes including skill set requirements.
- Professional client liaison communication skills.
- Ability to identify and procure plant/materials based on approved specifications bespoke to the works.
- Completion paperwork to be uploaded / stored in accordance with our Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Capability to read, understand and extract technical specifications.
- You will be required to work on our on-call rota.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Possess a minimum of a level 3 qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Hold a Senior Authorised Persons competency or refresher attained within the last 3 years
- Has a good working knowledge of Electricity at work regulations, high voltage distribution safety rules, CDM regulations and general health and safety legislation
- Holds SMSTS or is willing to obtain
- DNO or Private Networks experience
- Holds a full driving license
- Can demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines and respond to requests and enquiries in a timely manner
- Able to manage own time in an efficient and effective manner, taking into consideration key milestone deadlines
- Able to multi-task
- Willing to take responsibility and accountability to follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team but can also take the lead where required
- Can work under pressure, be flexible and adaptable
- Takes a pro-active approach and a willingness to contribute new ideas
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power Brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.