RJ Power Networks are looking for experienced and driven Project Managers to join our busy and successful team based in Sevenoaks, delivering work UK wide. Supporting delivery for both Projects and Maintenance workstreams, the role will involve taking ownership for a range of activities contributing to successful delivery at all times.
Forming strong relationships within the role is key, as you will communicate daily with allocated clients and work closely with a range of individuals from the wider Networks team to support the smooth running of operations. In addition, you will take a lead on ensuring a focus on the commercial and compliance aspects of all our works is maintained for allocated projects.
You will be joining an already established, friendly and professional team, giving you the opportunity to gain valuable experience, whilst learning and developing personally and professionally.
- Working as part of the Networks Operational Management team alongside the Operations Manager and another Project Manager to deliver across the Networks workstreams, working closely with the various Engineering teams.
- Work closely with the Sales and Business Development team to understand the pipeline of incoming works to plan for future resourcing needs and to keep employee downtime to a minimum.
- Review all job-related information and liaise with the Client and other technical specialists to understand the specifications and other deliverable requirements of the project.
- Develop a project implementation plan, that includes, timescale deliverables, project resource requirements and project costs, taking into account the size of complexity of each job.
- Implement the requirements of the Clients Construction Phase Plan on site and develop core project documentation, e.g RAMS, Task Briefing Sheets and Safe Systems of Work Packs, O&M’s as required, to enable the safe and efficient delivery of projects.
- Create and maintain a job/project file for each project and retain all project documentation in accordance with our Document Control procedure.
- Co-ordinate all construction activity with the Client, contractors and sub-contractors to minimise risks that could jeopardise the successful delivery of the project.
- Lead and undertake Project Review Meetings as necessary to keep all parties informed of: progress against delivery plan, identification of project variance and any changes to project scope.
- Take lead in managing the costs related to delivering a Project Scope and identify and Scope creep form our client’s, liaising with the client regarding variations to works orders and working closely with the sales team to generate quotations accordingly.
- Actively monitor the cost loading of the project at the planning phase and working closely with the companies QS through the life cycle of the project to accurately update the CVR’s and report on expected margin achievement.
- Amend the project delivery plan to take into account changes to project scope and project variance.
- Provide the Client with a completed Health and Safety file as part of project handback.
- Receive a certificate of completion from the Client following project handback.
- Report and undertake investigations to any accident or incident that has occurred on your project, keeping all interested parties updated on the details of the event and any actions arising from it.
- Lead and manage your team, by undertaking performance reviews and by ensuring that each member of the team understands their roles and responsibilities on the project. This includes the line management and development of Project Assistants.
- Update and complete Key Performance Indicator requirements.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Previous Experience of working in a similar role within the Electrical or Construction Industry
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Detailed knowledge of HSQE legislation in respect of project delivery.
- Professional Project Management Qualification (AMP, Prince2, PMI Practitioner Level)
- Previous line management experience supporting a mixture of technical and non-technical roles.
- Possess a good level of commercial understanding
- Driving Licence
- Strong communication with internal and external stakeholders
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power Brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.