Interested in working for a leading UK power engineering company, delivering world class electrical solutions?
RJ Power Group provide integrated design and engineering services to the power sector for both LV and HV applications. We offer a comprehensive planning and feasibility service to complement our full turnkey design, installation, testing and commissioning capabilities, which allows us to engineer the most appropriate electrical power solutions.
The foundation of our project management service is ‘understanding’. RJ Power Group pride ourselves on the understanding of both our clients and the sectors they operate within. We provide expert advice to proactively manage risk and identify opportunities throughout the full lifecycle of our client’s capital expenditure.
Due to the continued success and expansion of our business we currently have opportunities in West Sussex and want to talk with Project Management Professionals at every level.
- Manage overall project cost, schedule and budgets.
- Manage General Contractor and other directly contracted vendors and consultants.
- Analyse, track and effectively manage critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
- Review construction proposals and related pricing/scopes.
- Review, correct and assess work-in-place, to approve capital expenditure spends.
- Review and approve cost loaded schedules.
- Run and lead client and other required meetings.
- Identify the factors that influence construction costs and can monitor and report on this data.
- Knowledge and experience with all methods of construction procurement and long lead equipment.
- Review, validate and audit cost estimates prepared by contractors and others within a client’s organisation.
- Support engineering decisions relating to the project cost and budget while design-build changes take place during construction.
- Review requests for payment.
- Track and ensure equipment meets the project schedule.
- Record occurrence that might result in a claim – acting on the client’s behalf.
- Advocate on the part of the client during disputes, disagreements, modifications, or change orders.
- Coordinate and oversee scheduling consultant reviews on the project.
- Review and approve final invoices, payment applications, retention payments.
- Oversee and manage the transfer of the building operations to the client including all close out documentation and warranties.
Skills / Experience Required
- Experience of working within the Project Management Discipline
- Knowledge of Power, Structural, Civil, Electrical and Low Voltage scopes of work.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
- Strong and professional communication skills, with great organisation skills, ability to multi-task.
- BIM Experience desirable.
- Must have a “team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, creativity and dynamism.
- Flexible mobility advantageous.
For the senior professionals and above:
- Experience of working as a Project Manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Management experience, with ability to manage and lead team in delivering a commission and general line management.
- Manage revenue, team resource and priorities to ensure that client expectations are met.
- Experience with business development, including developing business with existing and new clients, and cross-selling.
Education / qualifications
- University degree in Construction Management or a related field.
- Member of a Professional Institute preferred.
- Project Management qualifications e.g. Prince 2, APM etc desirable