RJ Power Networks are looking for a Project Manager to take the lead of the maintenance workstream and be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of maintenance works on time, within budget and to the desired quality, whilst constantly prioritising safe working at the forefront of all activities.
A core focus of the role will be to maximise the utilisation of the Engineer’s working week in order to continually reduce downtime, increase efficiency and improve the quality of our working approach.
Working closely with the Networks Operations Manager and Maintenance Coordinator, the role provides a fantastic opportunity to take ownership for a key business workstream and add significant value to the business as a part of the operations team.
- Review all pre-works information, liaise with the client and other technical specialists to understand the equipment being maintained and all deliverables associated with the maintenance scope.
- Develop a maintenance implementation plan, including but not limited to: timescale deliverables, resource planning, cost management, safety management, and customer close out reports.
- Implement the requirements of the clients’/RJ Power Networks’ safe systems of work and the management of all core maintenance documentation, e.g., RAMS, job creation, task briefing sheets, switching schedules, reports and remedial recommendations.
- Create and maintain a maintenance file for each individual scheme, retaining relevant documentation in accordance with our document control procedure.
- Co-ordinate all construction activity with the client, contractors and sub-contractors to minimise risks that could jeopardise successful delivery.
- Lead and undertake maintenance review meetings as necessary (on larger COMA agreements) to keep all parties informed of progress via delivery plans, identification of maintenance variance and scope creep.
- Ensure that your Engineers acquire the necessary signatures and acceptance of completed works from our clients.
- Report and undertake investigations to any accident or incident should it occur on any of your managed works, including any consequential actions should they be required following investigation findings.
- Line management responsibility of your core team, including annual leave management, annual 1-2-1’s, personal development plans, disciplinaries, implementing performance management plans, dispute resolution, timesheet sign off and all other associated expectations of a line manager.
- Update and complete key performance indicator requirements as set out annually by the SMT.
- Ability to reactively manage emergency call outs and last-minute adjustments to planned works within a high volume dynamic environment.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within the electrical or construction industry
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Detailed knowledge of HSQE legislation in respect of project delivery
- Qualifications within electrical engineering or previously experience working with electrically based maintenance
- A good level of commercial understanding
- Clean driving licence
- Strong communication with internal and external stakeholders
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.