Due to ongoing success and growth within the RJ Power businesses, there has become a need to expand the provision of Compliance support across the board with a particular focus on RJ Power Rail business. Reporting into the wider HSQE and Compliance team, the successful candidate will work closely with the businesses to provide assurance that they are fulfilling their commitments to deliver works in accordance with their legal, regulatory, and organisational responsibilities.
The role will primarily be based in Halstead, Sevenoaks with attendance at other work locations within the RJ Power Group of companies as and when required. In light of recent policy changes, there will also be an agreed provision for a proportion of home working, specifics of which can be discussed during interview.
Our ideal Compliance Manager will take a supportive and collaborative approach with relevant stakeholders across the business to ensure they understanding the compliance frameworks and importance of following the required document control processes, and work with them to rectify and close out any non-conformances as required.
- Review and update company documentation within the RJ Power Rail IMS to ensure that it is compliant with stated Document Control requirements,
- Working in conjunction with the RJ Power Rail HSQE Advisor and the associated Project Team, Manage the delivery of the RJ Power Rail internal audit schedule, where non-conformances and observations arise assist in the close out to complete within the required timescales,
- Develop and create organisational policies and procedures, where deficiencies are identified, through audit; process review or as the result of new or emerging standards/legal requirements,
- Work closely with and coordinate the RJ Power Rail team to help them successfully prepare for accreditation audits such as NR PCL, RISQS; HS1 and 2, ISO Standards; NICEIC, Construction Line; Builders Profile etc,
- Manage the Sentinel Database on behalf of the RJ Power Rail,
- Review and update in conjunction with the RJ Power Rail HSQE Advisor the Close Call reporting system within RJ Power Rail and any onward required client reporting,
- Review and update in conjunction with the RJ Power Rail HSQE Advisor the RJ Power Rail Generic Risk Assessment register,
- Review and update in conjunction with the RJ Power Rail HSQE Advisor the RJ Power Rail COSHH Assessment register,
- Review and update in conjunction RJ Power Rail HSQE Advisor the Aspects, Impacts and Opportunities register,
- Review and update in conjunction with the RJ Power Rail HSQE Advisor the Hand Arm Vibration process within RJ Power Rail,
- Review and update the Approved Suppliers database and associated approval forms,
- Assist with the completion of client required PQQ’s and tender submissions,
- Monitor the working hours of RJ Power Rail staff, highlighting deviations from the control and management of working time exceedances,
- Arrange for all random and for-cause D&A testing to take place for Sentinel Staff,
- Collate HSQE KPI information and provide a performance briefing per rail period for Senior management,
- Lead the RJ Power Rail HSQE meeting and attend other associated required Compliance meetings,
- Disseminate any required rail related Compliance / HSQE bulletins / Lessons Learnt received by RJ Power Rail,
- Identify areas for Compliance improvement and develop, implement, monitor and review Corrective Actions designed to facilitate these improvements,
- Develop relationships with other Compliance representatives from our main clients and industry partners in order to jointly develop compliance improvement campaigns,
- Submit articles to internal and external newsletters that promote RJ Power Rail HSQE initiatives and performance,
- Deputise for other Compliance related roles within the RJ Power Group of companies.
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power Group of brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, HSQE and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.