Following a number of recent contract awards, RJ Power Rail is looking for a Commercial Manager to join the team and provide support to the project teams, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and that the Company’s objectives are achieved. The successful candidate will liaise with RJ Power Rail clients and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
The role will primarily be based in Sevenoaks with travel as required to project sites which are primarily in London and the South East in order to develop close working relationships with the client contacts and on-site teams.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to degree level or equivalent, have experience of working within a Rail environment and have strong technical and negotiating skills.
- Review all new contracts and liaise with clients to fully understand the cost implications associated with projects.
- Monitor all income/expenditure associated with projects (including all staff costs; all sub-contractor costs and material and equipment costs) and forecast future spend profiles.
- Manage and monitor the company’s schedule of rates for undertaking work
- Provide commercial information to Project Start-Up and Project Progress Meetings as required.
- Manage the change control process in respect of commercial activity associated with projects, issue early warning and compensation event notices as required.
- Formalise any cost variations arising as a result of project delivery, produce cause and effect statements and seek to resolve any claims in a timely manager.
- Raise monthly applications of payment to the client and evaluate received payment certificates.
- Liaise with the Finance Department to raise invoices and monitor client payments.
- Assist in helping to resolve any late payments where required.
- Produce and present a 4-weekly commercial report for Directors and Senior Management on all commercial activity associated with projects.
- Act as the main point of contact between RJ Power Rail Limited and Client Commercial Teams.
- Review all final accounts associated with projects and issue final account statements to clients.
- Maintain all commercial records in accordance with documentary control requirements.
- Assist the Sales Director by contributing commercial information when tendering for new works or pricing new works, as required.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Experience of working within the rail industry with a knowledge of relevant commercial and contract administration processes
- Knowledge of a range of contract types e.g. NEC
- Able to demonstrate proven success in negotiating with the ability to influence decision making
- Understanding of commercial and financial reporting within a programme of works
- Excellent numeracy skills with experience in periodic reporting
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build positive and collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects.
The RJ Power Brands offer outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.