Do you have purchasing experience and are looking for a new challenge? RJ Power Rail is looking for an Assets and Purchasing Assistant to join their team based in Horsham. Working closely with the RJ Power Group Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Rail Project Delivery team to deliver projects safely, to specification, on time and to budget by managing the assets and purchasing for the business.
With ambitious growth plans and a clear market focus this is an extremely exciting time to join the company.
- Monitor and maintain controls and documents for the accurate and up to date recording of assets.
- Purchase and/or hire plant, equipment, materials and tools and logging and raising appropriate purchase order and input into Evolution.
- Co-ordinate the transportation of tools and specialist materials to project teams.
- Co-ordinate access to project teams for off-site stored tools and specialist materials.
- Manage the calibration and PAT testing of all test equipment to ensure that they remain compliant.
- Hire and off hire tools and plant as well as manage all store deliveries.
- Order, issue and maintain records of all Rail Personal Protective Equipment issued to Rail employees/subcontractors.
- Ensuring that the Rail vehicle fleet (including all grey fleet) are allocated, serviced, taxed, insured and maintained in accordance with RJ Power Vehicle Policy including periodic vehicle checks.
- Manage the allocation of fuel cards.
- Maintain staff eye-sight test records.
- Assist Sales/Project team with estimates for tenders with regards to plant, equipment, materials and tools.
- Assist Group Procurement Manager with supply chain process.
- Procuring of Hotel Bookings for Rail staff.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Experience of working in Purchasing or a similar role
- Strong communication, decision-making, organisational skills, record keeping skills.
- Ability to plan and structure workload against background of competing demand
- Has experience of using windows SharePoint and Outlook
- Previous experience working in the Rail sector or similar
Desirable experience includes:
- Knowledge and experience with the software system Evolution M or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with the software system Fleetcheck or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with an Asset Management recording system
We design, build, and maintain complex infrastructure projects globally.
RJ Power Group offers outstanding jobs and career opportunities in design, engineering, construction, procurement, maintenance, and project management.
We are looking for individuals who can add value to the business by bringing their unique abilities and experience to complete the role they are recruited for.
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we invite applications from all individuals regardless of background or education. However, for some positions, we do assess role-related expertise.
How to apply:
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure that you include full details of all relevant qualifications and competencies with your application.