Our fundamental responsibility is discovering, developing and delivering innovative sustainability solutions in our activities that can influence and change people’s lives and create a sustainable and better future. We believe that this requires high ethical standards and a culture that encompasses our core corporate values in everything we do.
Our approach to sustainability is promoted through the following procedures:
- Selection of sustainable materials – we promote the use of reused, recycled or sustainable sources and propose sustainable alternatives wherever possible;
- Minimising waste to landfill – all our operations are scrutinised to fully explore the possibilities of reducing, reusing and recycling materials arising from our site activities;
- Carbon footprint – we minimise carbon emissions on all our sites, at head office and encourage similar practice throughout our supply chain; we engage local businesses to deliver locally sourced materials within shorter distances;
- Local supply chain – we offer business opportunities to local SMEs to benefit the communities in which we operate;
- Local employment – we support the employment of directly employed staff under equal opportunity conditions, with fair rates of pay with recognised training programmes to aid individual development;
- Apprenticeship and graduate schemes – we are proud to support the younger community, which guarantees an ongoing source of skills within the company;
- Community involvement – we support local good causes through sponsorship, charitable donations and community initiatives.
RJ Power Group Policies
RJ Power Group’s Sustainability Policy Statement